1. Amazing pies.
I can’t even expand on this. They look amazing, smell amazing, and taste even better.
2. Point. Of. Sale. Lead capture.
Here’s how it went down:
- I walked in to an unbelievable aroma of fresh baked goods.
- I ordered two small pies at $4.25 each.
- Kind lady boxes pies and says “oh, and we have a promotion right now. Would you like a 3rd pie for free?”
- I say “yes of course!”
- She takes my order and boxes up the 3rd pie, explaining how it works. “all you have to do is follow us on Facebook or Instagram right now and show me your phone, and free pie for you!”
- “Um ok. Why not.” I follow them on Instagram, show her on my phone, and walk away with a free pie.
- I blog about it, providing even more exposure for them.
Who would say no to free pie at that moment? Nobody.
How many times have you seen “Follow us on XYZ?”
A million. What percentage of the time do you click those buttons and follow? Almost never.
If you want raving fans and followers on social media, make it worth their while to follow you and be a part of your brand, and ask them at just the right time. It will work every time, and you will grow.